John McCabe and Dan Hogan met while working at Ross & Hardies, a large Chicago-based firm founded in 1902, which merged with Richmond, Virginia-based McGuire Woods in 2003. In 2002, John and Dan decided to resign their partnerships and invest in their own future. John and Dan recognized that evolving technology would permit them to continue to provide their clients with their large firm expertise but with a small firm's efficiency and sensibility.
McCabe & Hogan opened its doors in 2002. Since then, they've facilitated the success of Fortune 500 Companies like Vokswagen and Audi, as well as middle market and small businesses and individuals.
Get in touch
We at McCabe & Hogan know that finding the right attorney to represent you is a choice not to be taken lightly. That’s why we offer free consultations to walk you through your needs, the scope of your goals, and your budget.
John P. McCabe
From working at the prestigious law firm of Ross & Hardies to opening his own practice in 2002, John has represented clients large and small for nearly 30 years. John is admitted to practice before the Illinois Supreme Court, and the Northern District of Illinois (including the Trial Bar).
John handles significant commercial litigation for a diverse client base, including large and mid-sized corporations and individuals and has handled various matters for various manufacturing companies and small businesses. An experienced trial and appellate lawyer, he has been lead counsel in jury and bench trials, representing both plaintiffs and defendants. He has also represented numerous automobile distributors and manufacturers, including Volkswagen of America, Inc., Audi of America, Inc., BMW of North America, Inc., Peugeot Motors of America, Inc., Bentley Motors, Inc., Alfa Romeo Company of North America, Inc. and Sterling Motor Cars, concerning Uniform Commercial Code and breach of contract claims. He also represents Peoples Gas and North Shore Gas in civil litigation and workers compensation matters.
John serves corporate, institutional and individual clients in a vast area of civil litigation and business consultation. He prides himself on helping develop and counsel clients by sharing ideas and options to help clients maximize their respective businesses.
An experienced trial lawyer, John has tried dozens of cases to verdict, including the following recent notable cases:
- Obtained a verdict in 2017 on behalf of an automobile distributor in a breach of contract case in Randolph County, Indiana.
- Obtained the then highest civil verdict in Kane County history for an unoperated back case for an injured worker.
- Obtained a verdict in 2016 in favor of a client before the Illinois Department of Labor for a labor dispute.
- Obtained multiple favorable jury verdicts for a utility company on claims of negligence.
- Obtained multiple no liability jury verdicts on behalf of automobile distributors in Illinois and Indiana regarding breach of contract claims.
UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME
Juris Doctor, 1989
Current Board Member, University of Notre Dame Law School
UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME
B.A., Business Administration - Accounting, 1986
Daniel P. Hogan
Following graduation, Dan served a two year federal clerkship for the Hon. Stanley J. Roszkowski, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, before spending the next seventeen years as an associate and partner at the Chicago based law firm of Ross & Hardies.
Dan is admitted to practice before the Illinois Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd, 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th and Federal Circuits, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (including the Trial Bar) and various other federal district courts.
Dan handles significant commercial and intellectual property litigation for a diverse client base. An experienced trial and appellate lawyer, he has represented clients as lead counsel in jury and bench trials in numerous state and federal courts across the United States. He has also represented clients in various evidentiary proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court and before United States Administrative Law Judges, the American Arbitration Association, and various federal agencies.
An experienced trail lawyer, Dan has tried dozens of cases to verdict, including the following notable cases:
- Obtained a verdict in favor of an Italian organ manufacturer sued for false advertising, unfair competition, defamation and disparagement in the Unites States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania;
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a piano manufacturer sued for design patent infringement in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, prevailing upon an inequitable conduct defense which resulted in the invalidation of the subject patent and the patent holder paying the alleged infringer's attorneys' fees and costs;
- Obtained a not guilty verdict for a physician sued by a national specialized medical services provider for breach of a non-competition agreement in the Circuit Court of Cook County, and recovered client's attorneys' fees under a prevailing party attorneys' fees provision;
- Obtained $300,000.00 jury verdict in favor of medical practice against a physician for tortiously interfering with the practice's non-competition agreement with a former practice member;
- Obtained a verdict in favor of U.S. seller sued by a Lebanese purchaser of industrial equipment in the Circuit Court of Cook County for breach of contract and return of seller's security deposit, and obtained $225,000.00 verdict on seller's counterclaim for lost profits on sale;
- Obtained $2.25 million jury verdict in favor of employee against his former employer for battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Recognized as one of the top fifty Illinois jury verdicts in 2016.
Juris Doctor, 1982
NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
B.A., Economics, Politicial Science 1979